9.17.2008

HipCooks

In tune with my cooking adventures, I signed up for a cooking class at Hipcooks West with a friend of mine. We decided to take the “Persian Immersian” class and I was so inspired! Obviously I love cooking, but I haven’t really ventured too far into the world of multicultural cooking. Mostly, this is just due to the fact that regular grocery stores don’t carry the specialty ingredients needed, and I don’t know many (and when I say many, I mean ANY) good local ethnic grocery stores. We made:

Persian-style meatballs with flatbread & Salad-e Shirazi: Herbed meatballs, baked flatbread, mixed greens, and a yogurt/cucumber/lemon/herb dressing.
Khoresht Fesenjaan: Chicken in a walnut-pomegranate sauce.
Shirin-Polow: Chicken with jeweled rice.
Rosewater and Cardamom ice cream: Yum!

I am so excited to try these recipes in my own kitchen...hopefully I will have the time soon. I will definitely be going back to Hipcooks – probably for the Japanese class and the tapas class! Even if you're not in LA, look up local cooking classes, they are pretty fantastic.

0 comments: