3.10.2009

Laurel Tavern.



Being a resident of the westside, I rarely venture anywhere else in LA without a purpose. So whenever I hear about amazing new spots from one of the copious blogs I subscribe to, I usually bookmark it then never end up going. But when I saw a posting on LAist awhile back about Laurel Tavern in Studio City, I was pretty amped on this spot. Then I found out that it is literally a block from my boyfriend's place! Well well...my purpose had arrived. We finally hit it up on Friday for dinner/drinks, and I was pretty impressed. It was busy but we were immediately able to grab a table. It is situated very much like Father's Office (and I adore that place) - free for all tables, chalkboards with the menu and drink list, and a rustic, not-too-divey but not-too-trendy feel.

I ordered the Laurel Burger and fries...which were served much like the Father's Office burgers. The fries were outstanding...and french fries are one of my favorites so I'm pretty picky. Salty and crunchy, and didn't lose their heat too quicky (no gross cold fries here). The burger was good - the bun was tasty but the actual meat could have probably handled a little more seasoning. I ordered the Telegraph California Ale (from Santa Barbara, how could I resist) followed by the Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout...a perfect dessert/night cap.

Address - 11938 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604 (# 818.506.0777)

Bar Hours
Mon-Fri, 4pm-2am
Sat & Sun, 12pm-2am

Kitchen Hours
Mon-Fri, 5pm - 11pm
Sat and Sun - Open at Noon

0 comments: