7.05.2009

aquarium of the pacific.



I took this picture at the aquarium of the pacific this weekend...they were open in the evening and it was so fun to see everything at night. I have this fascination with aquariums. When I was a kid I was convinced I would grow up to be a mermaid, a marine biologist or at least end up shipwrecked on a deserted island. I decorated my room in an island/underwater theme and would figure out what I would do and who I'd take with me to my deserted island. I was a big fan of the show Ocean Girl, which aired on Disney back in the 90s. Cast Away kind of killed the dream for me but I still love to go to aquariums like Long Beach and Monterey, and pretend like I could exist in some remote tropical world. My favorite part was petting the stingrays! They are so fun and playful.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is an AWESOME picture! I love aquariums, too. There's something whimsical about "under the sea" life.