10.12.2009

Ghosts and zombies.

It must be October! This weekend I saw not one, but TWO horror movies. Talk about different ends of the spectrum, though!

Paranormal Activity


Scariest movie I have ever seen. Really, there isn't much need to elaborate beyond that. What happens when a ghost...or demon...is provoked? Absolutely nothing good. There is no gore, and honestly no real visible horror in this film. It's the expectation and the nuances that are truly frightening...and the unexpected! Definitely worth a trip to the movies...but not at all for the faint of heart!

Zombieland


I probably wouldn't have gone to see this movie if it weren't for my horror fanboy boyfriend. I'll have to make sure to thank him. This movie was so entertaining! Even my usually queasy stomach was ok with the gross zombie gore (for the most part...and otherwise I just looked away for a second). So many things about this movie could have been over the top cheesy: the "rules" everywhere...the celebrity cameo...every one of Woody Harrelson's lines. But it wasn't over the top! The casting choices were excellent, and overall the movie was absolutely hilarious. I would highly recommend it.

And as a closing note...seeing the trailer for Nightmare on Elm Street on the big screen...wow! I haven't even seen the first one, but I have a few months to do so before this remake comes out. It looks promising!

0 comments: