1.05.2010

the year of the wedding(s).



This year has barely started to pick up steam, and already I feel like I can see my whole life planned out until 2011. This is the first year I really feel like this, and I have amazing people in my life who are getting hitched to thank! It's true...I have have finally stumbled upon that avenue of life known as "wedding season" - and it's kicking off with a bang. Let's just say I'm looking at the definite possibility of only a month or two without a celebration of marriage. I am so excited for these lovely people that will be starting these new adventures in their lives!

So with this in mind my priorities have definitely shifted this year! On my agenda (resolutions, so to speak):

- start shopping for great wedding attire possibilities EARLY. As in, now. Only one of these weddings will have me donning a bridesmaid dress, and I was so stressed trying to track down a great dress for the wedding I attended last June. Not this time. Preparation!

- BUDGET. Weddings are certainly not cheap (nor should they be, they are a once in a lifetime celebration!). I am working out the kinks of a budget that will allow hotels, gifts, perhaps some sightseeing and one east coast plane ticket...and still give me room to get a pedicure or visit with friends on occasion 'round these parts.

- Think local. As in, try my darndest to stay in town the other weekends outside of these events (with a few exceptions). I'm so lucky to live in the huge playground we call LA - with plenty of adventures to be had here.

- Run a half-marathon. This is something that has been on my mind for ages and is just for me. I have never felt the urge to run a marathon and I doubt I ever will, but a half seems totally do-able with the right training (I already enjoy running as my exercise of choice). I am considering doing Team In Traning...something I was on the fence about for a long time (I have a phobia of hitting up friends and family for really anything) but my thoughts drastically changed this past year with some personal events that transpired.

- Pictures. I want more pictures of my year and I am shipping off my camera for repair so I can do just that.

Phew! My dayplanner is already getting quite the workout for 2010.

(Image via flickr)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Why is snowboarding not on your list

Shannyn said...

That can be part of my "think local" section - bear isn't too far! As long as I can ride after I get Lasik...