4.07.2010

gross o'clock.



D's work schedule currently (and indefinitely) has him setting his alarm clock for 4:50am (or gross o'clock, as we have affectionately dubbed the hour).

Now, most people in my position (the 9:30am working world type) would roll over and go back to sleep, but this new situation has prompted me to wake up with him (or actually, at 5am...I personally don't believe in wake up calls existing before then except on rare and required occasions).

Our routine is this:

4:50am: D's alarm goes off, he gets up.
5am: My alarm goes off, I get up.
5:15am: We leave - him off to work, me to the gym.

Yes, I am now working out before the sun is even awake. I drank 2 cups of coffee this morning and got the shakes - I am not a regular caffeine drinker (this is quickly changing).

This better be worth it! Because right now, I feel like one of these guys.

I do have to admit - the 5:30am gym crowd is a lot more impressive (and sparse) than my usual 8pm-types.

(Sunrise over L.A. - Image via flickr)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Whoa, 5am gym, I'm totally impressed. Do you fall asleep at 8:30 pm though? I can never seem to get into a routine if I'm not getting at least 7 hours of sleep.

Jennifer said...

So funny - we've been getting up at 5:30am for work for years. And now, recently, Matt has to get up at 4:30am.

This is what causes us to be in bed and asleep before shows like Idol and DWTS come on.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's ok to get your day started nice and early! Especially if you have the motivation to hit the gym!