6.21.2010

weekend.

Saw Toy Story 3 this weekend...it was incredible! Pixar did not disappoint. No spoilers, just go see it immediately if not sooner, if you haven't already done so!

There was also a big birthday celebration for a friend that prompted Mary and I to make this:







(Chocolate layer cake with chocolate ganache and marshmallow frosting, toasted)

An amazing afternoon that involved baking, sitting around chatting on the patio, and my first trip to Surfas. I was immediately in love and I'm going to have to devote a whole afternoon to wandering around this amazing spot. For the time being, we bought a cake box and lunch.



(Lemonade and a grilled cheese - White Cheddar, Fontina And Blue Cheese Mayo On Pecan Raisin Bread - YUM)

Our kitchen helpers:







(Potato, Charlie, Zoe)

The birthday party was Saturday evening at The Penthouse at The Huntley Hotel, and it was pretty fantastic. There were lots of martinis involved. A great sort of Saturday night, indeed.

Sunday was of course Dad's Day, and I got to go home and cook up some yummy lunch for the fam!



(Steaks, farmer's market potatoes, salad, bread, lemonade)

And now it's Monday. Le sigh...

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm really impressed that you were able to make Father's Day lunch after Saturday night. I dragged my ass to brunch, but that's about all I could muster. Good times.

Shannyn said...

If I didn't have an amazing boyfriend willing to drive me all over the place, it would never have happened. Yesterday = painFUL!