8.27.2010

piranhas and half marathons.

Last weekend was an incredible three days with my bestest friend and her man. Of course I only managed to take one (ridiculous, un-postable) picture of us drinking a giant margarita before seeing Piranha 3D. If you enjoy silly, gory, not scary horror movies, go see this movie! The collective cheer when Christopher Lloyd walked on screen was worth the ticket price, alone. I'm pretty sure everyone's head would have exploded if he had said "Great Scott!" - but my friends's bf's outburst of "88 miles per hour!" sufficed for me.

This week has been very busy with work and getting ready to be out of town this weekend. I can't believe after throwing out the idea of a half marathon, it's happening on Sunday. Words can't express how lucky I am to know Mary - she has made this whole process so great with her knowledge and experience! Also, I can't wait for her and Allison to show me their favorite Napa/St. Helena spots. All through my run I will be fantasizing about the wine in my immediate future.





(Both photos from wine tasting in Napa in spring 2009)

2 comments:

Mary said...

You are the sweetest, and this weekend is going to rule! Also, one of your linkwithin posts is a picture of Charlie, and that makes me very happy :-).

Allison said...

Yay for running your ass off and yay for lots of wine consumption! So excited!