1.12.2011

a new day.



Friends, I've been totally MIA this past week due to family matters. My wonderful aunt passed away last Tuesday. My cousin Kerry says it best right here. I am so lucky to not only have known Marge, but call her family!

Then yesterday I drove up to see my grandfather (my mom's dad) with her and my brother, as he is in rapidly declining health. I feel very blessed that I was able to spend a short time with him...while he is heavily medicated, he was lucid and there were some smiles through the tears.

I don't tend to blog about the hard times, but there is no light in life without the shadows to go along with. To keep up with Mara's year of weekly resolutions, my resolution for this week is a special one: celebrate the day!

(Image via)

1 comments:

Kerry said...

So sorry about your Grandpa. Thinking of you!