1.06.2012

2012.

Every year, I like to write a list of 10 things I'd like to keep on my radar for the coming year. Call them resolutions if you want, but for me, these are just things I’d love to do more of and won’t be mad if they don’t necessarily work out. I’ve been making these lists every January for the past 10 years or so, and it’s been pretty fun to see what I can accomplish.

Let's put this down in writing so I have a shameful public reference to keep up with, shall we?

1. Good food.

Last year, I embarked on a no meat/dairy journey with one of my favorite people. In doing so, I came to realize something that I've suspected for a couple years now - I have some serious issues with gluten. Bummertown. So I had to re-focus my efforts there, and my quest for more quality (aka organic, local, blah blah blah) foods fell by the wayside a bit. I’d like to get back into the swing of eating less meat and dairy (and choosing more healthful options when doing so) in addition to visiting our amazing local farmers markets, etc.

2. Be good to my wardrobe.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my tornado closet tendencies, but I've made it a point this past year to buy quality over quantity, and I want to make sure to properly care for all my new and old favorites. This also includes getting things repaired, dry cleaned, purged as per necessity.

3. Write one person a week.

This can certainly be email, though my goal here is to also write letters more too. Everyone loves getting mail!

4. Read, read, read.

I’ve been reading so much more frequently since I started checking things out from the library again (one of my favorite things!). Right now I have this book on hold, and I can’t wait to go pick it up!

5. Take pictures every day.

These can be totally terrible, non-blog worthy pictures of my cat, for all I care. But I got a killer new camera for Christmas and I will learn how to use that bad boy.

6. Find one thing every day to be thankful for.

Self-explanatory and so important to me.

7. Exercise every day.

Even if it’s just a 30 minute walk. This is where I’m more focused on quantity over quality – just making being active more a part of me and less of “oh, I need to go on a run today.” Last year I resolved to run 2 half-marathons, which I did! This year I just want to be more active in my daily life.

8. Wear high heels more.

I used to wear them every day to work, and I got completely lazy about it. I love high heels, and I can’t buy any more until I actually wear the ones I have!

9. Make work lists and focus on finishing them every week.

The above may very well be true, but being at my job for nearly 4 years (!) means that so frequently, there are things that I’d like to accomplish that get put on the back burner, and I'd love to change that.

10. Plan and execute an amazing wedding.

We’re getting married this year! Hooray!

Also, since 2012 seems to be the general end of the world consensus, I leave you with this:

Have a lovely weekend!

(Photos via: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8)

0 comments: