2.02.2012

a dress.

Amidst some difficult news this week, something amazing happened - I purchased my wedding dress.

Can I just say, wedding planning has (generally) been a breeze. Fun and exciting with little to no pressure...what the joys of a long engagement will do to a person! But before I get carried away with gumdrops and rainbows, I'll just say this one thing: I freaking hate wedding dresses. I mean if I was being totally honest, I'd have some other colorful words to embellish that sentence.

Wedding dress shopping has been my personal nightmare. I just don't like most wedding dresses in this world, and they don't like me. But - joy of all joys - all of that is behind me! On to more exciting wedding things, like accessories and decorations. I feel like we're finally approaching the creative, fun part of planning.

For obvious reasons, I'm not going to post my dress here. So instead, here is some of my favorite wedding inspiration...

(Photos above: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6)

1 comments:

Kerry said...

1. Thanks for keeping it real about the dress shopping... most people don't and I am sure that not everyone thinks it's the best thing ever!
2. CONGRATS on finding the right dress!
3. Love the inspiration and glad you are having fun with it all!
4. Hope everything else is going okay.
Thinking of you!