3.28.2012

jammin'.

I have been craving a hot, lazy weekend lately. I blame the weather that can’t decide whether it’s coming or going. Growing up in the inland empire, it was generally one of two things – cold or hot (cold for us thin-skinned Californians, anyway). But migrating to Santa Barbara, the bay area and now West LA, I have become begrudgingly accustomed to the range of the 60s. Do we hit the beach? Do I need a sweater?

I am daydreaming hard about BBQing, drinking sangria and lounging in the sunshine. For now, a music mix to put me in the mood will have to do.

Some tunes to kick off your shoes and jam to – join me?

CLICK HERE to open the playlist.

Tracklist

Home (featuring the Gulu Widows Choir) – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Honeypot – Rebelution
Easy Way Out – Gotye
Sun Of A Gun – Oh Land
Shuffle A Dream – Little Dragon
Kentucky Pill – Johnny Flynn
We Are Young – feat. Janelle Monae – Fun.
Emmylou – First Aid Kit
Courage To Grow – Rebelution
Block After Block (Remix) – Matt & Kim
Dystopia (The Earth Is On Fire) – YACHT
Electric Feel – MGMT
Second Chance – Peter Bjorn And John
Tighten Up – The Black Keys
Polish Girl – Neon Indian
Young Blood – The Naked and Famous
Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
Towers – Bon Iver
Rise – Eddie Vedder
Two Loose Cannons – Hot Buttered Rum

(Photo via)

1 comments:

Allison said...

Love it! going to listen to this playlist today while I stare out my office window at grey skies and dream about warm weather.