2.26.2013

thoughts.

The bay area for the 3 day weekend last week was just what I needed for my soul. Quality time in a place that feels like home with some of my favorite people in the world brings on a special kind of life perspective. It's funny that living up there didn't provide the same warm and fuzzies - is it that absence makes the heart grow fonder, or life is simply just shinier on vacation? I say both.

Lately I have felt very "in-between" - I imagine it must be a common feeling for the recently-married folks who aren't interested in rushing into parenthood. I am trying to be patient and enjoy this life phase, but I definitely get itchy not working toward some goal. Self-Reminder: I AM working toward a goal - being debt-free!

D and I are making a focused effort to pay down the last of our credit cards, cars, and student loans. I was hell-bent on not having wedding debt roll into 2013, and we succeeded, but we still have other bills to square away. Because of this, life looks a lot more like budget spreadsheets and inexpensive nights out than elaborate vacations and spontaneous (but pricey) adventures.

Even with our looming financial goals, I want to take some time this year to re-discover me. It's officially been 5 years since I moved away from the bay (and nearly 7 since college - yeesh), and in a few weeks, it will be 5 years at my job. For my ADD personality, this is all big time. This year I'd like to re-discover a love for this city, and pick up a new (or old) hobby or two. I feel like I want to feng shui 2013. March feels like a good time to spring clean life!

(Photo via)

0 comments: