6.17.2013

New Digs Update.

Has it really been a month since we moved into the new place? Time it is a-flying. We've been working hard (aka spending our hard earned cash) organizing, buying new furniture; basically, trying to turn our new space into a home. It's a process. Patience has never been a virtue of mine.

I am addicted to home decor blogs and especially home tours, but one thing I'm always perplexed by is how feminine some spaces are for a married couple. I admit while there are certain pieces I drool over big time, I wouldn't feel right bringing pink walls or many overly delicate pieces into our place. It always makes me think of Big and Natasha and their beige apartment. So I'm constantly on the lookout for fun middle-of-the-road pieces that aren't too masculine or feminine. A couple new faves...Crate & Barrel bedroom furniture, and this rug that I'd been drooling over for ages. Most rooms are starting to feel pretty pulled together (minus our bedroom, which needs a lot of work). A major thing I have not done, though, is dealt with our big empty walls.

Art has always been a struggle of mine - I feel like what people have up on their walls tells a story about them, and I've always been picky and fickle on what I put up. While we have a few great pieces, overall this is definitely an area I need to work on. Our most recent investment is a huge canvas photo of the sun setting over the mountains in Palm Springs (above) - a gorgeous shot from our wedding photographers taken on our wedding day. As of right now, it's literally the only item up, hung above the sofa.

Time to start brainstorming some more fun investment pieces!

(photo via Stone Crandall Photography)

0 comments: